Family Spaces aims to deliver and run activities that encourage and support families to spend quality time together to promote, and increase, parental involvement in the lives of local children and young people. MASKK aims to sustain this long term by recruiting and training local people who wish to volunteer in their community as well as raising funds and donations. If you would like to donate to support extending this project or supporting the other work our charity does then please use the donate button on our homepage.
This project will involve the following:-
1) Supporting the development of a local green space to include access to portable seating and access to a Play Pod to create a local physical space to spend time together.
2) Promote all the green spaces and parks in the Manor & Castle Area to show families other FREE and low costs ways of spending time together by creating a free local publication with reviews from children, young people, parents, grandparents and local workers for each park, green space and local activity.
3) Family Sessions with an evening meal once a week during term time to bring families together with play, reduce food waste and enjoy time together.
4) Extended Sessions and Family Picnics twice a week during school holidays to promote healthy family meals and activities on a small budget.
5) Family Cinema days to create free activities that families can do together.
This project is also supported in part by Tesco and FareShare Food Cloud, who provide us with food each week that otherwise would be wasted and enables us to reduce of food bill. For more information about Tesco’s support please visit their website https://www.tesco.com/food-collection/. More information about FareShare Food Cloud is available on their website http://www.fareshare.org.uk/fareshare-foodcloud/.
If you would like more information, or would like to get involved, please contact email@example.com.