This Summer MASKK and others will be delivering a wide range of activities for local children to enjoy. Some of these are funded by the Department for Education and free for children who receive means tested free school meals, look out for your voucher letter from Sheffield City Council with booking details.
Our other activities are all subsidised too thanks to donations and grants to help ensure they are affordable. MASKK are Ofsted Registered which also means you may be able to access help towards the costs from Universal Credit or Tax Free Childcare, check out https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/ for more information.
As always our playwork team will be doing their best to ensure the children and young people have a fantastic time at all our of our activities and events. Craig will be leading our Healthy Holiday and late afternoon Playcare sessions, Kirsty and Carrie our Playcare 8:30am until 3:30pm and April our Short Breaks. We’ll all be busy in sessions and so the easiest way to contact us during the holidays is to call 0114 2395739 or text 07784838169. For none urgent matters you are still welcome to email us.
Want to know what Ofsted think of us? See our latest report here: https://files.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50168373 in which the inspector says “Children play happily together in this stimulating and welcoming club.”
Open from 8:30am until 6pm each week day from Monday 25th July until Wednesday 31st August (closed Thursday & Friday for staff training). Sessions cost: £21 for 8:30am – 3:30pm or £27 for 8:30am – 6pm (including an evening meal). Prices include all the activities and snacks too. Or join us on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday for Teatime Playtime for only £3.50 (4pm until 6pm with evening meal).
Our week will be action packed, each day including lots of opportunities for free play as well as the specials below. Please remember to send your child with a packed lunch and weather suitable clothing.
- Monday 25th July: Seaside Trip to Cleethorpes (limited places)
- Mondays in August – Summer Activity Days – we will be joined by our Healthy Holiday group with a total of 45 child places! We’ll be taking part in arts, Science fun with Steamworks and group games with Active Early Years. It might get rather loud but with lots to do around the building we are sure the children will love it.
- Tuesday 26th July – We will be joined by Sheffield Theatres who are coming to perform for us and run some theatre workshops for the children to enjoy.
- Tuesdays in August – We plan to get out and about, walking and using public transport to explore more of what Sheffield has to offer.
- Wednesdays – Messy play days with dough, water, mud, foam and more! Please be aware we might get messy so a change of clothes would be great!
- Thursdays – Construction days; creating and building with different materials.
- Friday – Making the most of our garden; with bug hunts, bug hotels, fire (subject to weather) and lots of active play.
For more information please click here: https://www.maskk.org.uk/project/childcare/
Our Short Breaks are designed for children with special educational needs and disabilities to join us for play and fun. Open 10am until 3pm for three sessions per week. Our team are able to support children in various ways and we love playing alongside our Playcare Holiday Club too taking part in the same activities.
Existing families click here for details about dates and sessions see: https://www.maskk.org.uk/short-breaks-2022-to-2023/
For more informaiton about joining see: https://www.maskk.org.uk/project/shortbreaks/
Children and young people joining us for our tea time will have the following menu to enjoy, served at 5:15pm:
- Mondays = Pizza Night
- Tuesdays = Make their own pasta bakes
- Wednesdays = Cooking Class with Spud Buddies, making something different each week
- Thursdays = Backwards cooking with 186th Sheffield volunteers
- Fridays = Enjoying a healthier version of takeaway classics each week.
- Deserts include = fruit and yogurt, ice cream, ice lollies and more.
Each evening the children will be involved in the creation and serving of their meal, those aged 8 and over will also be more involved in the preparation and cooking too. Encouraging them to make healthy choices and try new things. This will involve an element of risk but each activity is risk assessed.
We are able to cater for allergies and intolerances but please ensure your child’s details are up to date.
Healthy Holidays @ TPC
During Easter, Summer and Christmas we are able to access funding via Manor and Castle Development Trust from The Department for Education. This funding, called Healthy Activities and Food, is to allow organisations like us to create opportunities specifically for children who receive benefits related free school meals.
Eligible families will receive a letter from Sheffield City Council with booking details, the letter will also contain your summer vouchers.
Sessions must be booked at https://sheffield.schoolipal.co.uk/
iPal booking goes live 4th July!
This holiday MASKK will be running the following sessions alongside our Holiday Playcare so that we can all play together. For 4 weeks, from 1st to 26th August:
- Mondays – Summer Activity Day 10:30am until 2:30pm including arts, crafts, Science with Steamworks, group games with Active Early Years, free play and a fab buffet lunch.
- Wednesdays – Teatime Playtime 4pm until 6pm including cooking classes for those aged 8 and over with Spud Buddies, crafts, games and free play.
- Thursdays – Teatime Playtime 4pm until 6pm including outdoor skills with 186th Sheffield, crafts and free play.
Healthy Holidays @ Wybourn
This summer we will be support the newly built Pat Midgley Community Hub in Wybourn to start their first Healthy Holiday Club! Tuesdays in August from 10:30am until 2:30pm.
This will include arts, crafts, science fun with Steamworks, free play, games and more! Including lunch together and opportunities to meet new friends at this new club.
Booking will be via iPal when the letters land on door steps.
Places at all our activities are limited, please ensure you cancel if you no longer need or require the session so that another child can attend.
More details about Healthy Holidays
Sheffield Healthy Holidays is part of the Department for Education’s Healthy Activities and Food Programme, it’s national government funding to support children in receipt of benefits related free school meals. You can read more about it here: https://sheffieldhealthyholidays.org/
There are plenty of Healthy Holiday activities taking place across the city for children who recieve free school meals to enjoy. To register and book places you will need to sign up to the secure iPal system here: https://sheffield.schoolipal.co.uk/
iPal booking goes live 4th July!
We will post more local activities here when we get their details.