Dear Parents and Carers
I hope your children are all excited to start a new school year and seeing their friends again. We are sorry for the delays in getting more information to you. We knew re-opening would not be easy under current restrictions, but we want to reassure you that we are trying our best to find a way to provide a service as soon as possible.
We have been contacting schools and trying to learn more about how they will be managing the end of the school day and working out how our escorts can comply with this.
This means we will not be open this week and instead reopening will be staggered across the schools to enable us to implement a phased return and ensure our risk assessments and protective measures are all in place.
MASKK intend to re-open:
Monday 7th September collecting from Prince Edwards and St Theresa’s Schools only.
Monday 14th September we will start to collect from Woodthorpe School.
We will reassess our ability to include Pipworth School on an ongoing basis.
We will have a reduced number of places available and we are unable to offer the lower cost shorter session. All sessions will be charged at £11.
We know this will be inconvenient for some families, but the decisions have been based on demand and the availability of playworkers to safely escort the children to the setting.
To ensure we can provide a safe and quality service going forward we need you to be aware of some important points:
- Please log in to your account and edit your child’s record to ensure they are up to date and especially the correct year group and ideally teacher is included in the ‘Classroom’ field.
- We will not be able to provide meals. We will relook at this for November when we move back to TPC.
- When you book choose the correct school under the list of activities.
- To book you will be asked you for a weekly pattern. We know some of you have asked about fortnightly patterns but the system doesn’t let us do that automatically so book weekly then email firstname.lastname@example.org straight away with the corrections. For September we cannot offer ad-oc bookings but we will review this.
- Our sessions will now end at 18:00 to allow the team time to deep clean the setting each day. There will be a grace period of 30mins for collections after this, but please note this will be a calm, sat with a tablet experience.
- We are unable to offer refunds for cancelled/missed sessions.
- We require you to cancel sessions not required, if you do not, we reserve the right to charge a £5 fee in addition to retaining your session charge. If we do not know a child is cancelled, we have to treat the situation as a missing child, causing stress to the escort and the school in locating your child. A simple text is sufficient.
- No parents can enter the building past reception, ideally, we ask that you wait outside. Only 1 parent will be admitted to reception. To speed this process up feel free to text us when you are on your way and we’ll have your child ready.
- No parent should collect if you are feeling ill or showing any symptoms. Instead please let us know who will be collecting.
- Any child that starts to show signs or symptoms of illness will be isolated away from the other children with one member of staff. This member of staff will be using PPE and a parent will be called to collect. Families should ensure you follow the latest guidance on testing, tracking and tracing.
- Children will be in consistent bubbles with no more than 15 other children throughout the week. We are asking families at the moment to support this by not attending other settings or activities after MASKK.
By making a booking at MASKK you are agreeing to the new terms above. MASKK will review and evaluate the situation weekly and make changes where necessary. We will keep you updated so please keep checking your emails from MASKK.
We are all excited to see the children again and looking forward to making happy memories. If you have any questions please drop us an email or give us a call.