This Easter Holidays MASKK had lots going on, but there was also lots more going on across the area too.
Covid-19 however remains with us and cases locally are very high, and so we politely ask that children presenting symptoms do not attend to reduce the risk of transmission. Unfortunately like many others we are also experiencing high levels of staff absences, please ensure your contact details are updated on your records in case the worse case happens and we need to cancel any sessions. Please also remember to cancel sessions if you don’t need them or if your child is ill, this might make the difference in terms of the number of adults we need too. Paid for sessions will be refunded for covid / sickness.
As always our fantastic team will be doing their best to ensure the children and young people have a fantastic time at all our of our activities and events. Craig will be leading our Healthy Holiday and late afternoon Playcare sessions, Kirsty and Carrie our Playcare 8:30am until 3:30pm and April our Short Breaks. We’ll all be busy in sessions and so the easiest way to contact us during the holidays is to call 0114 2395739 or text 07784838169. For none urgent matters though you are still welcome to email us.
Open from 8:30am until 6pm each week day from Monday 4th April until Thursday 14th (closed Friday 15th for Good Friday). Sessions cost: £7 (4pm until 6pm with evening meal), £21 for 8:30am – 3:30pm or £27 for 8:30am – 6pm (including an evening meal). Prices include all the activities and snacks too.
Our week will be action packed, each day including lots of opportunities for free play as well as the specials below:
- Mondays (both) – Easter Activity Days – we will be joined by our Healthy Holiday group with a total of 45 child places! We’ll be taking part in arts, Science fun with Steamworks and play activities. It might get rather loud but with lots to do around the building we are sure the children will love it.
- Tuesday 5th April – We will be going on a bus to watch Showtime! at the Crucible Theatre performed by other children from MASKK. The show will include a visit from the Deputy Lord Mayor and lunch too (no need to bring a packed lunch).
- Tuesday 12th April – Arts Day with 3D Pens, pyrography and more.
- Wednesdays – Messy play days with dough, water, mud and foam.
- Thursdays – Construction days; creating and building with different materials.
- Friday (closed the second week due to bank holiday) – thinking of the outdoors; with bug hunts, bug hotels, fire (subject to weather) and lots of active play.
For more information please click here: https://www.maskk.org.uk/project/childcare/
Our Short Breaks are designed for children with special educational needs and disabilities to join us for play and fun. Open 10am until 3pm for three sessions per week. Our team are able to support children in various ways and we love playing along side our Playcare Holiday Club too taking part in the same activities.
Exsisting families click here for details about dates and sessions see: https://www.maskk.org.uk/short-breaks-2022-to-2023/
For more informaiton about joining see: https://www.maskk.org.uk/project/shortbreaks/
Children and young people joining us for our team time will have the following menu to enjoy, served at 5:15pm:
- Mondays = Pizza Night
- Tuesdays = Make their own pasta bakes
- Wednesdays = Make your own wraps
- Thursdays = Fish Fingers
- Fridays = Cooking their own Wrap Pizza Pockets (closed week 2)
- Deserts include = fruit and yogurt, ice cream, ice lollies and more.
Each evening the children will be involved in the creation and serving of their meal, Tuesdays & Fridays cooking it themselves too. Encouraging them to make healthy choices and try new things.
During Easter, Summer and Chirstmas we are able to access funding via Manor and Castle Development Trust from The Department for Education. This funding, called Healthy Activities and Food, is to allow organisations like us to create opportunitities specifically for children who recieve benefits related free school meals.
Sessions must be booked (now full) at https://sheffield.schoolipal.co.uk/
This Easter MASKK will be running the following sessions alongside our Holiday Playcare so that we can all play together:
- Mondays – Easter Activity Day 10:30am until 2:30pm including arts, crafts, Science with Steamworks, free play and a fab lunch.
- Wednesdays – Teatime Playtime 4pm until 6pm including games and fun with Active Early Years, crafts and free play.
- Thursdays – Teatime Playtime 4pm until 6pm including games and fun with Active Early Years, crafts and free play.
Week One was amazing! Take a look at some of the photos to see some of the fun we got up to!
Week 2 may have only been 4 days but was full of fun and creativity.
We did have 9 children not show up to activities their parents had booked. Please remember to cancel in the future as we had people on a waiting list that would have loved to attend.
Other Local Activities
There’s still plenty of places available at other Healthy Holiday activities for children who recieve free school meals. Register and book places here: https://sheffield.schoolipal.co.uk/
Here are some of the other activities taking place locally, click on the image to find out more. Children from MASKK are performing at 11:30am on Tuesday 5th April at the Crucible, no tickets are needed for this free event with much more to do and see there too. For more information visit: https://www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk/together-in-the-city