As you know, all childcare settings are following advice from Public Health England (PHE) and the Department for Education regarding Coronavirus and we will not close the setting unless instructed to do so by PHE and the Local Authority.
However, as the UK is going into the next phase of dealing with the virus, there is a possibility that settings may be instructed to fully close at some point in the future.
The most recent PHE advice to self-isolate for 7 days if you are showing symptoms of a persistent cough or high temperature may also mean that MASKK could see a high number of staff absences in the coming weeks/months. Partial closure will be considered in such a case due to staff shortages.
Our hope is to minimise disruption for our families and children and although there’s currently no cause for concern at MASKK, we will be taking special measures to ensure we’re keeping the setting clean to prevent the spread of any virus.
Please make sure you and your children follow these general principles to also help prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an 60%+ alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment
Further details on the symptoms can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
It is important that we have up to date contact details for all parents so that we can notify you of any change to our services, please ensure we have your correct contact details.
We will endeavour to update you on MASKK’s response to government guidance and instruction. Please be aware that whilst we have made contingency plans with our session leaders using current guidance, they are subject to change. This letter was written Saturday 14th March.
These are unprecedented times and I thank you for your continued support and patience during this challenging period. If you have any questions about activities please contact Joanna or Kirty on 01142395739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions or concerns about our procedures please contact Craig using email@example.com.