MASKK are currently looking to employ some more fun, self-motivated, proactive, and confident Playworkers to join our team to support play in our community.
- Playworkers at our Saturday ( 33 term time) and Holiday Short Breaks Club (Wednesday to Friday 10 weeks per year) for children with special educational needs and disabilities. These sessions provide children with opportunities to come together and enjoy playing in a safe and stimulating environment. Includes supporting children 1:1 and occasionally with personal care.
Working hours would be 9:30am until 3:30pm. Rotas are flexible, perhaps you are just available Saturdays. We plan rotas April to March each year for those who want a set pattern or perhaps you would just like to work when you’re free, our simple rota app helps you see when we need team members and select the shifts you are available.
Recruitment and interviews are ongoing, the more we are able to recruit the more children we can support.
- School Escorts from Woodthorpe School (term time) to help collect and bring children safely to our setting for our after school playcare.
Working hours at 2:50pm (starting at the school) until 3:50pm.
Deadline for applications is 10th August, starting September 2023 (subject to notice periods and DBS)
Subject to funding there is potential for additional hours to be offered to support our playcare and community activities too.
Things to Note:
- Due to the nature of the work and contractual requirements from the funder we require applicants to be 18 years of age or older, but we do have training placements potentially available for 16 and 17 year olds so still please get in touch.
- All roles are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and two references will be required.
- The applicant should have a suitable qualification in Playwork or Childcare/Early Years, Health & Social Care or Sporting/Coaching. (Level 3 or equivalent or higher desirable, Level 2 Essential or willingness to work towards).
- Preferably also with training or experience in SEND, or be willing to undertake training.
- All applicants will need to have experience of working with 4-13 year olds, preferably experience of working with children with disabilities in a play environment also.
- All applicants will need Safeguarding, First Aid, GDPR and Food Safety training, or willing to complete it within their first 3 months (MASKK will provide the access to training online).
- All team members are required to attend 2 full team meetings held on two Saturdays in the year.
MASKK Aim to be a Real Living Wage Employer.
Current Starting Rate of Pay: £11.00 per hour.
Holidays: Annual leave will be accrued equivalent to 5.6 weeks pro-rata.
How to Apply:
To view a copy of the job description click here: Playworker JD
Download an application form here: MASKK Application
We will only accept fully completed application forms, which can be downloaded using the link above or you can request one and ask questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – due to safeguarding procedures we will not accept CVs only. Visits and informal chats can be arranged to, please email to book a time slot.
If you do not feel you have the experience or skills for the role yet, but would like to train with us, you might consider our volunteer programme and Discovering Play. Contact us for more information.